1. HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION
On the left hand side of our website you can search availability. Once you choose the home you would like to reserve, you will need to click the "book this property" button on the website. You will then fill out the reservation form. There are two ways a customer can pay for the reservation. Check or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard)
If you choose to pay by check:
When you are filling out the reservation, there will be a location to mark payment by check or credit card. You will mark make payment by CHECK. If you are making your reservation 60+ days before arrival, $200 will be due within two weeks, and the balance will be due 35 days before arrival. If you book within 35 days before arrival, you will need to pay with a credit card. The address to send payment to is: Orlando Vacation Retreats 1890 Star Shoot Parkway Suite 170-229 Lexington, KY 40509
If you choose to pay by credit card:
When you are filling out the reservation, there will be a location to mark payment by check or credit card. You will mark make payment by CREDIT CARD. If you are making your reservation 40+ days before arrival, then we will charge $200 on your credit card the day the reservation is made, and the balance will be charged 35 days before arrival. If you book within 40 days before arrival, then we will charge your credit card the full amount the day the reservation is made.
2. SECURITY DEPOSIT
The onsite management company has the right to place a $350 authorization hold on your credit card the day that you check in. This is very similar to what a hotel does. Their staff will do an inspection the day of your departure. They will then charge your credit card the actual amount for any damages. Please note that if damages are greater than $350, then the credit card will be charged the actual damage amount. Any uncollected amount for damages will be sent to our legal department for collection. If the management company makes a charge on your credit card for damages and the customer disputes that charge with the credit card company, then they will take legal action to recoup the losses. When you check in at the property, you will need to do a thorough walk through of the home. If there are any damages, you must contact the local office during office hours(Mon-Sat 10AM-4PM). FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS STEP WILL RESULT IN THOSE DAMAGES BEING CHARGED AGAINST YOU AT THE TIME OF CHECK OUT.
Customer will receive the confirmation along with arrival instructions via email. Sometimes the confirmation will go to the junk or spam mailbox. Please check this before contacting us. You will need to look over your confirmation to make sure all the information is correct. Please pay special attention to the property, check in and check out dates, and rate.
4. PAYING BALANCE
Please refer to your confirmation for payment due dates. If you choose to pay by check and the payment is not received by the due date, then Orlando Vacation Retreats may charge your credit card the amount due plus any fees (damages, etc...). If you think you are going to be late on making a payment, please contact us via email to let us know when the check will be sent.
If you cancel 35+ days before arrival, your $200 deposit and any payments made to that point will be gladly refunded. If you cancel 0-34 days before arrival then the full amount of the rental is nonrefundable. If you have not paid the full amount of the rental and you cancel inside the nonrefundable period, Orlando Vacation Retreats will charge your credit card the remaining balance due. Because of our strict cancellation policy, you may want to purchase travel insurance. We do not offer it through our company, but there are several companies available to you that do offer this. One of the compaines is Insure My Trip. You can find them on the web at www.insuremytrip.com. Please note that cancellations must be in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Orlando Vacation Retreats will then cancel the reservation and an email reponse will be sent to the guest.
When you arrive at the home, please inspect the property for damages. Call our local office within 24 hours to report any damages found upon arrival. If there is damage to the home and it is not reported, then you will be held responsible. After your check out, the onsite management company will inspect the house and notify you of any damages foud to the home made during your stay. The manager will contact you via email or phone about any damages that were found. We will provide a detailed list along with the amount that will be charged. Charges that will appear on your credit card statement will be from the onsite property manager.
7. DAMAGE PROTECTION PLAN
We understand while you are on vacation that it is your time to enjoy your family and relax. Don’t let small incidental damages ruin your vacation. We know that small spills on the carpet and marks on the wall will happen. Although these are accidents, there is still a cost to correct the unintentional damage. This is why Orlando Vacation Retreats has developed the Damage Protection Plan. For a flat, non-refundable $59.00 fee, you will be covered for all small damages up to $500.00.
This will cover you for stains on the carpet, marks on the wall, broken dishes, stained or damaged towels, and other small items. The Damage Protection Plan does not cover negligence and gross intentional damages to the property. It also does not cover theft. If the small damage does occur, your card will not be charged. The only time the card would be charged is if the damage is negligent or for gross intentional damages, damages are not reported or for damages that exceed $500.00. Please note: Guests must also report damages upon arrival. If damages occur during guest stays, guests must also contact the onsite office and report the damages. Failure to do so will void the protection plan.
8. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
- Check-in is 4 P.M (or 5 PM depending on the property) day-of-arrival
- Check-out is 10 A.M. PROMPT day-of-departure
We reserve the right to charge your credit card $50 for every 15 minutes you stay past 10 a.m. Also, you may be charged an extra day if you enter the home before 4 pm on day of arrival. We ask you to please follow the check in and check out times. When a guest checks out late, this hinders our ability to clean the property properly for the guest checking in later that day. When we have guests check in early, it rushes our cleaners to finish quickly and does not allow for a full detailed clean.
9. THE FIRST NIGHT AND SOME HOUSE RULES
- Linens and towels are provided in the home. Toiletries are provided for only one night. You will need to buy toilet paper, paper towels, dishwasher and clothes soap, along with other products at the local grocery
- All homes are non-smoking. A $150.00 fee will be charged to your credit card if our cleaners detect smoking in the home.
- Do not flush anything down the commode other than toilet paper and human waste. This includes: paper towels, baby wipes, cotton balls, q-tips, hygiene products, and plastic wrappers. There will be a charge to your credit card to unblock a toilet.
- Running the air conditioner while the doors or windows are open will cause the outside air conditioner unit to work overtime and possibly freeze. This will cause the air conditioner to quit working. If this happens, the guest will be charged for the repair.
10. POOL HEAT
Pool heat will automatically shut off if the temperature drops below 50 degrees. The onsite property management team cannot override this as it is a security measure to prevent breaking the pool pump. Refunds will not be given if this occurs. If pool heat is not working correctly, then contact our onsite management staff. If the pool heater is broken, then pool heat refunds will be given for the number of days the guest is without this service. Staff must be aware of this issue when it occurs. Refunds will not be given when pool heat issues are brought to our attention after the stay. Pool heat is set between 83F-89F. We will not be able to adjust the pool heat. If you arrive and the temperature is in this range and it is not comfortable for you, then the only option is to turn the pool heat off. The pool heater pump aprox runs 8-10 hours per day. If you wait and request pool heat the day of arrival or after arriving at the home, there will be an additional $50 call out fee assessed to you. It is best to add pool heat prior to your arrival.
Florida is notorious for bugs. Our homes are sprayed monthly; however, if food is left out on the counter or if clothes are kept on the floor, it will attract them. If you do experience problems with this, please contact the management company immediately.
12. FORCE MAJEURE
No liability can be accepted, or refunds given for events, which are 'force majeure'. These include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, riots, civil commotion, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, technical difficulties with transportation, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other events outside our control.
Orlando Vacation Retreats accepts no liability whatsoever for any injury or loss sustained by guests or any other visitors while in the home or swimming pool, or for any loss or damage caused to any property brought to the premises. No responsibility is accepted for any death, illness, loss or damage to property and/or motor vehicles.
Should you need anything during your stay, please contact the onsite management company at the number provided to you on your confirmation form.
The onsite management company's office hours are 9am-5 pm Monday through Friday and Sat from 9am to 1pm.
Non-emergency items need to be handled during these hours.
Pool heat is a non-emergency item. Do not call after hours for this item.
There will be a $20 charge if non-emergency calls are made after hours. Some emergency items would include:
1. No Power or water
2. Locked out of the home
3. Can not find the home
4. Any item that may cause damage to the home or to the guest.
15. PETS AND SMOKING
- No Smoking is allowed inside any accommodation. All accommodations are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed on the outside of the home provided that all the doors and windows of the home are shut to prevent smoke from blowing into the home and, if applicable, is done in designated areas of the community and does not violate any of the community’s smoking policies. A cleaning fee of USD 350.00 plus tax will be assessed to any guest violating the smoking policy to cover extra costs for sanitizing the home. This fee will be charged to the credit card on file and, where necessary, deductions from security deposits will be made.
- No Pets are allowed. A cleaning fee of USD 350.00 plus tax will be assessed to any guest violating the pet policy to cover extra costs for sanitizing the home. This fee will be charged to the credit card on file and, where necessary, deductions from security deposits will be made.
16. GUEST CONDUCT
- Maximum Occupancy is strictly enforced based on Florida Statues. There shall be no more than the maximum number of guests allowed by law. The maximum number of guests is posted on our website.
- The lead guest on the reservation must be over 25 years old and must be staying in the home for the entire stay. If the lead guest is not staying in the home, this makes the reservation void and the group must leave the home without a refund for the rental.
- Underage Drinking is not allowed and will not be tolerated. If this occurs, we will notify the local authorities and guests will be subject to all local county and/or state laws pertaining to this violation. If underage drinking is discovered in the home, the group will be asked to vacate the property and no refund will be given for the rental.
- Noise Disturbance should be avoided and guests need to be respectful of their neighbors. Do not disturb other guests while they are on vacation and please keep noise levels down, especially in the early mornings and late evenings.
17. GUESTS STAYING AT CALYPSO RESORT (BEACH HOMES) ONLY
The name on the reservation confirmation must be 25 years or older and must accompany his or her group at the resort. Please email within 24 hours a copy of your drivers license to us. The onsite management company at Calypso has a very strict age policy. They will ask you and your party to leave if the person on the reservation is not 25 years or older. If Calypso resort asks you to leave because of underage guests or for any other reason they deem necessary, then there will not be any refund from us.
Rates are subject to change without notice. Orlando Vacation Retreats, at its discretion, may raise or lower the rates of any given property at any time without notice. Once you make a reservation, you are locked in at the rate agreed upon. If our rates decrease then we will not refund the difference of the agreed upon rate and the new rate. If you have a confirmed reservation and our rates increase, then we will honor the agreed upon rate when you made the reservation.
19. NEIGHBORHOOD FACILIITES
Some of our properties have facilities that are controlled by the neighborhood homeowners association. From time to time there may be maintenance or repairs that are needed. This could cause the closure of these facilities for short periods. Some examples are but not limited to: Community swimming pools, clubhouse, pool heaters, and community Jacuzzi's. If there is a closure of these facilities during your stay, then Orlando Vacation Retreats will not be held liable or be responsible for customer refunds.
Guests must park in designated parking spots or in the driveway. Roadside parking is prohibited. Any fees incurred from tickets or towing expenses are the sole responsibility of the guest.
21. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submitting the online reservation form signifies that you are agreeing with these terms and conditions.